Applications will remain open for submission on a continuous basis until needs are met. To apply, please submit your cover letter describing your qualifications, current resume, and three references to [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
At RSG, we are proud of our 42-year legacy serving disadvantaged populations through our community development practices. In partnership with over 100 public and private sector clients, RSG’s affordable housing underwriting, project feasibility analysis, and other community development services are in high demand. We require top talent in the industry to assist our growth and continue to meet the challenges of the day.
RSG is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to deliver and manage affordable housing and economic development assignments in a fast-paced, diverse, and challenging environment working with numerous projects, clients, and deadlines.
The ideal candidate possesses both excellent project management skills and ample hands-on experience conducting thoughtful analysis necessary to provide credible and high-quality advisory services. Successful Associates at RSG are capable of leveraging technical skills, experience, and excellent customer services skills to manifest solutions to help improve communities, either by delivering more affordable housing units, making government more efficient and responsive, and achieving outcomes over outputs.
Candidates must possess a minimum of 6 years of direct and progressive experience working as a consultant to, or within, local government agencies in the fields of affordable housing underwriting, real estate analysis, and/or economic development.
BA/BS required, Master’s Degree beneficial. Must possess a minimum of 6 years of full time work experience in community development consulting, affordable housing underwriting, real estate predevelopment or financing, or economic development in the public, nonprofit, or private sector.
The position requires extensive use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneDrive/ Teams, and candidates must have advanced knowledge using these tools. Candidates should have excellent writing and verbal communication and presentation skills, including extensive experience to the public and stakeholders.
- Proven writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven command of research methodologies
- Leveraging client/network relationships to innovate project work/services
- Proven ability to secure repeat contracts and recognize client needs
- Active participation in one or more professional organizations
- Progressive and adaptive skillset in working in real estate
- Adaptable to shifts in affordable housing and community development industry
- Oversee and manage all aspects of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication with clients, project managers, and principals
- Good to very good at public presentations
- Preparation of intermediate-level proposals
- Ability to work successfully on teams with all staff and principals
- Manage projects, teams, work products, and schedules while keeping Partner-in-Charge informed and updated
- Oversee and direct research and data collection
- Report writing
- Advanced research and data collection (including discovering new data sources and improved research and collection methods)
- Advanced data analysis (including improving analyses methodology)
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet preparation and formatting/charts (including Excel functions)
- Public presentations/marketing interviews
- Constantly identify ways to improve products and services delivered by RSG within the context of each situation and contract
- Listening and adapting to needs of different clients directly
- Model a commitment to sound research and analysis and master the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Promote corporate well-being, ethical behavior, a well-balanced work pace and lifestyle, professionalism, openness and friendliness
- A commitment to improving work products and office efficiencies
ABOUT THE FIRM
Based in Irvine, CA, RSG, Inc. is a consulting firm that primarily serves cities and other public agencies on community development projects and programs. Established in 1979, RSG works for over 90 California clients each year. Our main office in Irvine resides in a campus style office complex that features several amenities that help to blend work with wellness. The firm is managed by two Partners and 20+ other employees who work at home, in the office, and in the field. More information can be found at www.webrsg.com.
RSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt. Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:00.
Salary: $92,300 – $131,500, commensurate with pertinent experience, along with an excellent benefits package.